Saturday 10 May 2008

Busy in the garden today

Right, that's the herb border dug over at last. We've been in the house 2 years come next month, and I've just got that border sorted. Better late than never I suppose. Have made a list of the herbs I want to plant there - just need to buy them now.
Have tidied up the pots in the front too. The herbs ath spread all over the place can go in the pots, and th no quite so prolific ones will go in the bed. Found a broken pot, so turned it into a frog house:
















'Planted' the big rockery stones we rescued from mums garden when she moved too. I've now got a bit of structure in the border, and while it's no Stonehenge, it's not so bad. I didn't like the one lating down, so it's now upright like the others.

There's a couple more stones the other side of the bush, and the couple of leftover bits have been turned into a fairy house.




















There's still a long way to go with all the planting, and it's going to be a nightmare trying to decide a) what to plant and b) where to plant it!

Thanks to the lovely weather the seedling I sowed earlier in the week are popping through rapidly. I have 2 cucumbers with nice big first leaves already. Haven't quite worked out where everything is going to go yet, but most of the pots fron the front garden don't have much in them of any use, so some things will go in them. There's a footpath that goes along the back of some houses just round the corner, and living on a council estate it's full of rubbish, tv's, bikes etc, so I'm hoping to find a couple of old tyres down there I can use as pots.

Oh, and I didn't get all the tadpoles yesterday - there was one staring at me this afternoon from its original home! It didn't smile for long lol, and is now happily with it's siblings.

1 comment:

mrsnesbitt said...

We have had a heavy thick fog hanging over the coast today. I am busy working on odd bits in the garden however so need to get some compost in use.